"Singles over 40 – Auckland (SOF)” is a friendship / dating group for SINGLE people living in Auckland aged 40 plus.
This meetup group is an avenue for "over 40s" to meet people who are ready for a relationship, who might be interested in dating YOU! But of course it is not all about dating, you will more than likely have fun and make new friends along the way...
Please note that in order to be a member of this group, your profile must show your real first name (not an "internet username".) This is because we need to know what to call you when we meet you, and this also helps us to remember names.
Your profile must also display a photo that clearly shows your face (the best photos are head and shoulders, of you and you alone). This is not so we can assess your beauty, because true beauty comes from within. This is so we have some chance of recognising you at meetups, to help us to remember your name, and as a sign of your good faith and sincerity. (Please Note - You can use different photos for different meetup groups if you prefer not to change your main meetup profile)
For the purposes of clarity, "SINGLE" means that you do not have a wife, husband, de facto partner, fiance, fiancee, boyfriend or girlfriend. In other words, you are not married, betrothed, "living in" or already seeing someone exclusively.
There are lots of social groups on meetup where there are plenty of opportunities for activities for a range of different ages. "Singles over 40 - Auckland" will focus on opportunities to meet others to chat and get to know each other. Meet ups will usually be held at cafes and bars, sometimes with background music or entertainment, and other times as a precursor to an evening of dancing!
I am hoping that we get a good mix of men as well as women members and meetup attendees, as this makes for more interesting events. However don't fret or stay at home if the numbers are not even. We are a friendly group and it is not all about dating or finding the love of your life! You might just find your new “BFF”! And, you never know! You might meet someone at an event who puts you in touch with a single person that they know – who might end up being the love of your life?! And in the meantime, at least you will be getting out of the house, and mixing with people of a similar age.
As this is a group for singles who are interested in meeting a potential new partner, if you join this group you must accept that you may be approached by other members who are also single and looking for a potential new partner. Also, because this group is for singles, the members and attendees will no doubt change regularly as they meet new people and their "single status" changes.
1) Harassment will not be tolerated. If you feel you are being harassed by another member, contact me immediately for a warning to be issued. Members will receive one warning before being asked to leave the group.
2) Please do not bring friends (that are not members) along to meetups. It is not fair to our members to not be able to see online who they have been talking to at an event. Also, meetups are carefully planned and organised for specific numbers and venues are booked accordingly. If your friend wants to come along, please ask them to join our group.
3) Please ensure that you keep your RSVPs up to date. If you have RSVPed for an event but you are no longer able to attend, please change your RSVP to NO ASAP. NO SHOWs are monitored. This group takes a great deal of my time and effort to run - please have the courtesy of letting me know if you can no longer make it to an event.
4) Do not use the group solely for "pushing your wares". This is a social friendship/dating group not a business networking group. If your intent is otherwise then please rethink your membership.
5) This group is free to join. At some point, an annual subscription fee may be introduced. This will be to help cover costs incurred / time and effort involved, as well as to hopefully assist in encouraging only genuine members (with appropriate intentions) to join.
I look forward to meeting you soon.