We are a small group of friends who want to meet other single parents with children, mostly from South Broward and Dade County. We focus mainly on children's activities, although we may have an occasional adult activity. We have a mix of parents. Some have toddlers, some have small kids around six to ten years old, and we have some parents with pre-teens, boys and girls.
We are a SECULAR group, we have Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, and Jewish members, and a few members of other faiths. My religious conviction is single parents should spend as much quality time with their kids as possible, and we encourage that simply by scheduling lots of kids events.
Why do I list my church as a sponsor of the group? Because we want to have a safe group for our single parents, and we know Jesus and Mary (pictured in the icon) will run off a lot of dysfunctional people who we really do not want in our group. We do post a divorce care meetup at a local Catholic Church, but most of our meetups are fun kids activities.
If the weather is bad, check our web page discussions, or RSVP or call or text us, we may change the agenda at the last minute and go do something else, particularly if we have no YES RSVPs. We do not usually cancel events for thunderstorms, when they pass in an hour the weather is better than ever.
See our about page and our photo albums for some of our previous activities.
Usually we do not schedule events unless at least two members commit.
If you want to schedule an event close by where you live, let me know. Sometimes smaller kids like going to the park and swinging and sliding the most.
My daughter is a teenager now, and lives with her mother in Jacksonville, and she only comes down for a few weeks in the summer. But I enjoy the group, and have made many friends over the years, and I do not want to give up the many friendships I have made. This means that Singles For Children is for you and your kids. I will occasionally host an event, but I encourage our members to host events, and to also post their ideas for events. Hosting an event only means you will commit to attend and have fun, and take calls from members asking where to meetup.
DIVORCE CARE SUPPORT GROUP:
I also assist with a Divorce Care Meetup Support group at:
POLICIES FOR THIS MEETUP GROUP:
1. Singles For Children is open to single mothers with children from one year old to fifteen years old, and to single dads with children from two years old to fifteen years old. We will consider single parents with young grandchildren who wish to join, or younger or older kids on a case by case basis. If your kids grow too old you can still come if you have been active. You can also attend events on the weekends when you don't have your kids. If you are dating someone, feel free to bring them, if they don't want to spend time with your kids, now is the time to discover that. If you reconcile with your spouse or fiancee, especially bring them, why would I want to ban those who are good examples?
2. You can only email those people in the group whom you know, unless you are assisting organizing a meetup event.
3. We do not mind moderate drinking. However, at all times your behavior must be family and kid friendly.
4. Please let the organizer (me) know if you receive unwelcome emails or advances.
5. Profile pictures are not required. However, as this is not a dating site, please no glamour shots, no bikinis, or all-skin shoulder pictures. Also, please no grossly inappropriate profile contents.
6. We really prefer that you to keep your meetup groups public. This is especially true for single guys, this has not has been as much of an issue with single moms.
If you have any questions, you can email me, or you can call me at 786-389-0529 (please do not call me weekdays 8-5 when I am working).
Weekly divorce support group
Weekly support group meetings, one for parents, and one for kids.
Divine Liturgy Sunday 10AM (Pics/info see Facebook for Bruce Strom)
Weekend retreats for troubled or resuscitated marriages
1,019 Movie starz
1,783 Art Lovers
296 Active People, Active Kids
962 Great People
1,903 Singles Near South Broward
3,069 Future Friends