Sit Down, Shut Up, and Write! Message Board Call for Submissions › A new fiction E-zine seeking contributors

A new fiction E-zine seeking contributors

Suzanne L.
user 10854971
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 55
I received this email from a local e-zine editor. From what I gather there is no monetary compensation, but if you are looking to get a publishing credit this might be worth your while:

My name is Sasha, and I'm writing to you on behalf of unSeen Fiction. We're a new genre fiction e-zine based in Austin and looking for contributors. We'd like to reach out to local writing groups as part of that search. Our first issue is being planned for the end of March, and we're looking for new short stories in the sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and thriller genres.

Our goal is to provide online exposure to amateur writers and to help new authors get that elusive first publishing credit. The magazine will be downloadable as a PDF from the website, so there will also be a tangible material that may be added to our authors' portfolios. There are tentative plans to distribute paper copies as well, though this is not hammered out yet. Most importantly, we are not requesting to purchase or acquire authors' copyrights for publication in this issue, so there is really no drawback to submission. It's just a chance to gain some exposure ^.^

It would be awesome if you could pass on our information to the members of your group. For more details, anyone who is interested may be directed to:

Our Website: www.unseenfiction.com
Our Twitter Feed: www.twitter.com/unseen_fiction

Thanks in advance for boosting our message!

Sasha Piltser
Marketing Director
unseenfiction.com
Teresa
user 14660938
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Thanks for posting this, Suzanne!