addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sit Down, Shut Up, and Write! Message Board Honing your craft › Improv for Screenwriters Workshop

Improv for Screenwriters Workshop

Suzanne L.
user 10854971
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 59
Hi guys.

There is an Improv for Screenwriters class at the Hideout this Wednesday night from 7-10. I've enjoyed the classes I've taken at the Hideout and this one seems like a bargain at $10. No improv or screenwriting experience is required. You can sign up on the Hideout Theatre's Electives Page.

I'll be there (and probably Jay) so you will know at least one person if you decide to attend. And don't worry if you *suck* at improv. I'm terrible! But it's fun and it really pushes your creative boundaries.

Here's the description:

The First Line with Kareem Badr and Chris Lucas
Improv-inspired Screenwriting – Inventive, compelling screenwriting requires a willingness to approach every scene with an open mind, to occupy the thoughts of many characters, and find the meaningful actions and layered dialogue that bring scripted stories to life. In this three-hour workshop, you will see examples of great scenework and develop a scripted scene through a series of improv games and writing exercises. Our process is designed to help you find the settings, words, and physical beats to convey the purpose of your scene with narrative economy and memorable character moments. No improv or screenwriting experience required.