Sitecore developers interested in improving the reliability of their software should plan on attending the November Meetup. Rick Cabral (@sitecorerick) will demonstrate a home-grown ORM (object-relational mapping) solution for Sitecore. Like traditional ORM solutions designed to convert database tables to business objects, “Diamond” converts ordinary Sitecore Items into objects that support the following:
· Strongly-typed, property-based access to the Item’s fields.
· Item template inheritance expressed through Interface inheritance, allowing for the use of Inversion of Control frameworks and contract-based programming.
· Implicit conversion to & from stock Sitecore Items.
· Implicit conversion to & from stock Sitecore Fields.
· Fully Page Editor compatible.
· Partial classes, allowing generated code objects to be extended without breaking the utility of code generation.
· Namespaces that match Data Template locations in Sitecore.
· T4 Template support using Hedgehog’s Team Development for Sitecore.
· Compile-time insurance that your business objects & renderings won’t break due to inappropriate data sources.
· A WebForms-compatible IoC framework that makes building Renderings a snap.
If you’ve looked at Custom Item Generator, Glass or Synthesis, you won’t want to miss this presentation.