Skeptics in the Pub Hong Kong Message Board › Happy Holidays from "Skeptics in the Pub"

Happy Holidays from "Skeptics in the Pub"

David Y.
DavidWhy
Group Organizer
Hong Kong, HK
Hello Fellow Members of Skeptics in the Pub Hong Kong,
Just a quick note to wish everyone happy holidays. I hope you all have a chance to relax and spend time with friends and family over the next few weeks.
There will be no "Skeptics in the Pub" in December (first time we have missed a month since starting in April 2012) but we'll see you all in January. We tentatively have a "Quiz Night" planned. The questions will all come from science and pseudo-science and many will come from discussions we have had at "Skeptics in the Pub" events over the last year. I'm hoping to make this an annual event with prizes and awards. Look for more details in the new year.
Thanks for your participation and support over the last year and a half. I'm looking forward to 2014.
And, with the holidays upon us I'd like to remind all skeptics (including and most importantly myself) of something Carl Sagan said: “People are not stupid. They believe things for reasons. The last way for skeptics to get the attention of bright, curious, intelligent people is to belittle or condescend or to show arrogance toward their beliefs.
Have a great holiday.
David Young