This is our inaugural meetup. You are a trend-setter.
:: Here's the plan for the evening:
- Welcome, get to know each other & setup
- Start the session at 7:30:
- Practice sessions (5-10 min) on type, layout, sketching, lettering, pictures (You get to pick what to practice)
- Long session, sketchnote a TED talk (18 min + 5 min to finish up)
- Gallery of sketchnotes & open critique (15-20 min)
- Maybe a second session if there's time.
- Wrap-up and what to do next time
:: Note about food/drinks
- This is the first meetup, so we don't have a drink/food sponsor yet. I'm scouting for one for next time.
- So come prepared with your own snack or drink so you don't pass out from low blood sugar. :)
:: What to bring
Please bring your own materials for sketchnoting: paper or journal (moleskine is great) and pens.
I'll have a couple of "work large" stations set up for folks who want to try their hand at big graphic recording. You can use my materials for the session, or bring your own if you prefer.
It's going to be a fun evening! If you have questions or ideas to share, post 'em here on the meetup site so we can get the conversation going.