DO you want….
• to take your Mountain adventures to a new level?
• to be comfortable scrambling over steep terrain?
• to get a good fitness, balance and have fun in the same time?
• to just train you already acquired skills?
Please join me this Fall and Winter for indoor climbing – each week on Monday or Wednesday (TBD) at:
Calgary Climbing Centre (Chinook)
or Mont Royal University
-In order to be allowed to play at the climbing wall you have to pass a belay test (at both locations) and pay a drop in fee.
CCC Chinook $15.24 (free parking) - MRU -$ 10.87 (5$ for parking)
-In order to pass the belay test you have to take an introductory climbing course. Any of the above locations offer intro to climbing type of courses. You can skip this if you really know what you are doing and you can pass a belay test at the gym.
"In order to successfully complete the top rope belay test, the participant must demonstrate the ability to:
• put on an approved climbing harness and attach the rope to the harness using a figure eight follow-through knot
• proper set up a belay device on the rope
• move rope through the belay device safely and efficiently
• perform self and partner checks prior to leaving the ground
• use appropriate belayer/climber communication as required"
-pear shape carabineer
-belay device (ATC or Petzl GriGri)
!! Please check the web site location for rentals if you just want to try it out and you do not want to invest in gear.
The exact date, day, location, meeting time TBD later on.
Please be respectful to your fellow hikers and register for the trip if you are 100% sure you can make it.
Also, if you are not interested to participate just … do not RSVP NO…