ASSINIBOINE PRE-TRIP PLANNING SESSION for Attendees ONLY - you know who you are and if you don't, figure it out before you arrive ;-) RSVP's are open
Event Type: Evening Planning Session
Event Location: Okotoks - our house
Carpool Departure: If you are in need of a ride out to Okotoks please arrange a carpool for 7:00 PM - Starbucks at Chapters 16061 Macleod Trail S.E., Calgary - it will be up to you to request a ride in the COMMENTS section below.
Event Duration: 1 1/2 hours + driving time
Event Host: Paul
Elevation: 3 metres
Approximate distance: 40 m
Our Assiniboine Trek will be a memory in 25 days. What that means is that we must begin moving from anticipation to preparation so that our participation will create a wonderful recollection. This meeting is so that we can all take ownership of the logistics: equipment check, itinerary review, passes and permits, first and last day car shuttle, who is responsible for what, when, where and how etc. etc.
REQUIRED ITEMS TO BRING:
1) Parch repellent - your choice, I find Guinness works best! Perhaps we can cook up some nacho's too.
2) Your equipment list for review - do take the time to create a detailed list of what you plan to pack in your pack and be sure it all fits in.
3) Notebook and pen/pencil
ESSENTIAL ITEMS FOR THE TRIP
1) A Tent ...
Are ya getting excited ......
1. In the event of significant weather change in the area on the day of the event, the event will NOT be re-evaluated.
2. Your Hosts are volunteers and not trained guides. Participants are responsible for assessing the current road conditions, current weather conditions, their current physical condition, current trail conditions and current avalanche conditions for the trip and are responsible for their safety and well-being.
3. Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning. Your participation is at the discretion of your Event Host. Organizers have the authority to decide who participates on their Posted Events based on your profile and hiking history.
4. Questions about equipment ... contact Event Host for suggestions and recommendations.