Trail: Hogarth Lakes Snowshoe Loop
Location: Burstall Pass trailhead / parking lot. Snowshoe trail starts on North-West end of lot.
Distance: 4.5Km Loop
"A great little loop, perfect for a beginner snowshoe or warming up for the coming season. The loop as defined is 4.5km. The views really are wonderful and the route is well wind sheltered with several sunny spots to stop for sustinance or scenery. "
- Snowshoes, kind of hard to snowshoe without them. Can be rented from UofC outdoor center or MEC, possibly other places.
- Hiking/trekking/ski poles.
- Warm waterproof boots.
- appropriate winter clothing piled on in layers so you can de-layer as required should be quick/easy drying breathable clothing(Try to avoid cotton especially jeans)
- Gaiters would be appropriate to keep the snow out of your boots
- Food and water for the day.(something hot like soup, tea, hot chocolate...granola bars freeze)
I am not a guide so everyone coming should do their homework and be able to help in navigation.
Suggested car pool fare is $15.00/passenger
No Guests ...your friends 18 and over must signup.
Waivers: As per the new policy for waivers, I will bring the group waiver form with me to both the Calgary Meetup location and the trailhead. You must sign it before you will be allowed to go on this hike. You will also be asked to provide the name and phone number of an emergency contact.
You are fully aware that organizers are not professional guides and by your R.S.V.P you assume all responsibility for your safety and well-being. You are fully prepared with proper gear and you're physically fit to do this hike with the group.