addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Slow and Steady Hikers Message Board › Group Photo Shot

Group Photo Shot

wayne
user 54481492
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
One of the members ran a idea by me on a recent hike that makes sense.Have a group shot before embarking on the hike.This would be a record of how many people start out and a record of a face,in case we lose a hiker on the trail somewhere and we have to call search+rescue so they have a face to go by.there is always someone with a tripod so the shooter could get in the photo.I guess there are pros and cons to any ideabut I think
I may try it on my next hike I organize
Linda
user 53100532
Calgary, AB
Post #: 15
Good idea, especially since many hikers don't seem to understand the need for an emergency contact name and number. Or they claim not to have anyone?!? I will implement this right away. Thanks for passing on the idea!
Laura K
user 56922212
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Ya ... I agree that is a good idea, it is just another way of being safe on the trails, nobody wants to get lost or fall down an abandoned coal shaft and not be found! ;-)