Small Business Chamber of Commerce, Inc. Message Board The Denver IDEA Cafe Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Premier Issue: New A-ha! Weekly Report

Premier Issue: New A-ha! Weekly Report

John W.
JohnSWren
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
New A-ha! Weekly Report.  Since 1727  Vol I  Issue 1 Premier Issue Small Business Chamber of Commerce Inc. News about IDEA Café Startup Workshops, Franklin Circles, and our Startup Show.

“Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” Swedish Proverb

(This is a test. We may publish this once a week, as our organizers to NOT make other contacts with you about any of our meetings. What do you think? Good idea? Or better to leave as is? John Wren)

IDEA Café Startup Workshop is now in Boulder County, thanks to Toby and Steve for getting it started. Steve will be with us on The Startup Show next Monday, March11 (see below.)

We are also in the process of starting other new groups around Colorado and beyond, I just got off the phone with someone from Pennsylvania, it would be great to get one going in Ben’s home town, and that may be happening soon. “Have group, will travel.” Let us know if you’d like help starting and IDEA Café and/or a Franklin Circle Peer Advisory Group with your local chamber, service club, or neighborhood association.

For an up-to-date list of all meetings, and to RSVP, seating is very limited in some, especially in the Denver meeting this Friday, see http://Meetup.com/Small-Biz-Chamber­.

The Startup Show is on each Monday, 4 to 5 p.m., heard around the world on http://TradioV.com...­. We are trying something new next Monday. We are going to do a 5 or 10 minute prerecorded profile of the guest, then they will be in the studio for your calls. Call in next Monday to be on the show, and send us your short (30 seconds to 1 minute) video of your elevator talk and we’ll play the best on the air each week.

A new Franklin Circle is starting. Let me know if you’d like to participate. Don’t know much about Franklin Circles? Just Google “How to start a Franklin Circle.” Then just go ahead and start one with your friends, or give me a call if you’d like help.

Finally, big, big news about Fr. James Martin’s Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything, it’s now available for a limited time for only $1.99, email me and I’ll send you a link. Gimmicky? Yes. But I’m trying to attract people who are interested in the book to send a survey about our Jesuit Guide Sharing Group. For more about it (if you’re already a member you’ll get the survey automatically) see http://Meetup.com/Jesuit-Guide-Sharing-Groups­  If you take a look at our Meetup group and you’d like to join us here in Denver for our Saturday p.m. group or you’d like help starting a new group, go ahead and join, it’s free. J

If you have any thoughts about this test weekly newsletter, I’d be very receptive. Thanks!

John Wren contact me at John@SmallBizChamber.org­ or (303)861-1447 about any of this. Thanks!