Small Theater Enthusiasts of Los Angeles. Message Board › Theater Meetups where members are able to suggest events.

Theater Meetups where members are able to suggest events.

Claire N.
user 6213799
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 36
FYI: The "Southern California Theater & Concert Goers"group is a pretty big group that has been in existence since July 2010 and allows members to suggest/arrange events. "Come See The Play!" is another group that began in Jan 2011, where it also looks to be easy for members to suggest events and find people to go to plays with them.

I started the "STEP" group with the idea of getting people together for a meal as well as to see a play, and we try to choose only small theater events that have reasonably priced online tickets available, reasonable parking, a nearby restaurant that's suited to a group and already have great reviews. However, it can be difficult meeting all these requirements, so often we miss seeing good plays because (for example) there's no restaurant nearby, or because by the time reviews are in discount tickets have sold out. In addition, all STEP events are hosted by myself or one of my assistant organizers, Janet and Karen, and we only have a limited amount of time!

We don't plan on changing the way the STEP group works, and though we're always on the lookout for more assistant organizers (please email me if you're interested!) I realize this may be too much involvement for many people. However, I know many STEP members often have suggestions for plays they'd like to see, so I thought I should point out these other groups as a possible way to arrange group theater trips without having to organize and host the entire evening. I'm not a member myself, so I'm not sure exactly sure how they both work, but you might want to check them out.

Claire.
Claire N.
user 6213799
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 55
I just updated the discussion on "Theater meetups where members can suggest events."