Outlaw
user 49504292
Seattle, WA
Post #: 35
Jawz,

Don't tell anyone my secret identity! These simple black rim reading glasses have fooled everyone so far.

When I had the barrel/hop-up unit off and fired the gun on semi the ASN wouldn't do the same thing each time. it would stop in different places each time then I tried it with the hop-up and barrel back on and shown a light up the feeder tube and saw the same thing, the ASN not retracting. I may be mistaken but that's what it seemed like was happening to me.

The gun also showed lots of wear and tear as I was taken it apart and it didn't like a project I wanted to be constantly fixing things on. I'm in the market at the moment for a decent AK, but this was gonna be too much work just to keep her running. Thanks again for the help.

Should I let the guy know you're interested in fixing it? What are your tech rates running?

Outlaw
Jawz
user 13393028
University Place, WA
Post #: 336
"Superman" Outlaw, biggrin

Believe me, I'm not "interested" in loading myself up with more work than necessary because I'm already overwhelmed with over a dozen AEGs on my shelf. tongue

I think the best way to check if the ASN is not retracting (w/o taking the GB apart) is to *very lightly* hold the ASN and see if it pulls off your fingers. Maybe the TP (tappet plate) broken, which is an easy fix.

Jawz
Outlaw
user 49504292
Seattle, WA
Post #: 36
Only a dozen?
I'll pass On your name and if he wants to get ahold of you he can. Thanks again
Jawz
user 13393028
University Place, WA
Post #: 338
Well, when you have 2 little kids running around, time suddenly disappears into a "black hole"... That's why I can usually finish only 1 or max. 2 guns per week (spending 10-15 hrs on average on each of them). So a little over a dozen guns is really a lot for me. confused

Shoot at/with you later. biggrin

Jawz