The Seattle Snowshoeing Meetup Group Message Board › Your suggestions for snoweshoe trips & group events

Your suggestions for snoweshoe trips & group events

Rod
heyRod
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 15
Have an idea for a snowshoe trip or group event? Let us know about it here in this discussion.

Interested in organizing a couple of trips/events this winter? Click here and let me know. Thank you! smile
A former member
Post #: 11
I did some mountain biking in the Teanaway area this summer and have been told it's a good place for snowshoeing. It's less than two hours from Seattle, if roads are clear.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am close to Mt Baker so will check out the trails there :)
Ellie
user 4293053
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Hello,

How about snowshoeing to Artist point Mt. Backer ? on 1/31 or 2/1 !

Ellie
A former member
Is any one interested in Kennedy hot Springs for Sunday ? ....probably not the entire 11 miles ! but a good lowland hike for the snowy day predicted
A former member
Post #: 61
Hello,

How about snowshoeing to Artist point Mt. Backer ? on 1/31 or 2/1 !

Ellie

Artist's Point on Mt. Baker is indeed a gorgeous place. People in the Seattle area need to be aware that is can be 3-4 hours drive from Seattle to Mt. Baker. The Mt. Baker highway is a winding road which takes another hour beyond turning off of I-5.

To get a core group of snowshoers for 2009-2010 snowshoe season, let's do a few snowshoe trips near the Seattle metropolitan area to determine people's level of interest, skill, gear, & commitment.

People new to snowshoeing should check it out on a little trip closer to home. Google to read up on what type of preparation & gear you need to snowshoe safely.

Let's use the "Poll" feature on our meetup group to determine what zip code most people are coming from and if people are willing to drive in the snow more than 1 hour each way.

Another poll, who has mountaineer-oriented first aid (MOFA) training? We can streamline our group planning with use of polls and posting files to our meetup group.

Recommended snowshoe guides are available from www.mountaineers.org - click on bookstore links.

Best wishes,

Janine

A former member
Post #: 2
I understand (have been told) there is a nice snowshoe area near Crystal Mt. also Mt Rainier near Paradise has some winter groomed trails. I personally have only been snowshoeing twice.
A former member
Post #: 73
Thanks, Vivian. I'll make sure the organizers add this to the possibilities list.
Patrick G.
user 9723977
Seattle, WA
Boardman Lake off of 530 near Mt. Pilchuck is a good workout with a scenic frozen lake as a payoff.
A former member
Post #: 22
Trail of the Week

my 2 cents