The Seattle Snowshoeing Meetup Group Message Board › Snow shoe running anyone?

Snow shoe running anyone?

A former member
Post #: 72
Anyone familiar with this? It doesn't seem too popular here, but is big east of the Rockies.

I'm a runner and am very interested in knowing if there are snow shoe runners in our area.
A former member
Post #: 9
there is nobody there in the north cascades or most places in the west to hear you scream from the pain from an ankle break. bears and cougars find you first.
A former member
Post #: 137
Wow, that was a shocking description of our wonderful snowy outdoors...
A former member
Post #: 10
It is wonderful and snowy. It is also a place that requires one in deep snow to tread carefully. An aspect of what makes our area so wonderful is it's inherent danger. Might be places where snowshoe running might be perfectly doable but it could land you in a heap of trouble far from help. I think my warning was while vivid not out of the realm of possibilities. had a friend break an ankle on a hike after bears tore up his camp. broke his ankle on way out and took him seven hours to go 2 miles. almost froze and was in hospital for days. Bad things do happen unfortunately.
A former member
Post #: 75
Well, I run trails also, sometimes alone. Indeed, one needs to be cautious but that shouldn't prevent one from having a great time.

Check out the Screamin Snowman Race in Colorado. I think if you break your ankle here, someone would be willing to drag you over to the hospital.

http://www.racingunde...­

Cory S.
csytsma
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
WARNING: Shameless Self Promotion

Angie, if you're still looking for an opportunity to run in your snowshoes, we will be putting on a snowshoe race in Cle Elum on January 21, 2011.

Check out the link to the Snowdog Events - Sun Country Snowshoe Race.
http://www.snowdogeve...­

-Cory