align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

So Cal Photo Explorers! Message Board › I'm taking a sabbatical - but SoCal Photo Explorers will continue

I'm taking a sabbatical - but SoCal Photo Explorers will continue

Angela W.
user 8916821
Group Organizer
Orange, CA
How much fun has the last two years been? We've seen our fair share of broken things, beautiful things, magical things and just plain strange things, all through the lens of our cameras. I have had the greatest time hosting so many events, and am looking forward to hosting many more. I have plans to schedule another trip to Salvation Mountain/Salton Sea, to an abandoned factory, and fantastic hikes to waterfalls and beautiful lakes.

However, starting in October through mid 2012, I will be taking a sabbatical, traveling through Central and South America. I need to explore my personal future and my personal photography. While I'm away, I'm happy to schedule non-hosted events, however, we all know that the camaraderie and fun comes from being together through the carpools and the food. I would love to see some of the regulars start scheduling more events. If you can't come up with new events, no fear, just go back though our catalog of events and redo ones we've done in the past. I've had requests from folks to reschedule the old LA Zoo in Griffith Park, sunken city in San Pedro, the mission at San Juan Capistrano and of course, Route 66. Additionally, I know a lot of folks are fans of festivals, fairs, air shows and car shows, no reason why those couldn't be turned into meetup events. In February, I will ensure that the long weekend event to Yosemite is posted.

When I get back, I'm looking forward to hosting events again. I may come back exactly the same or, my photography may change dramatically and we'll be exploring new and different sides of photography, but I know my passion for photography and photographers won't diminish.

Thanks for all the support and friendship you've given me over the last two years. There are still a couple more events before I leave; I look forward to seeing folks through August and September.

Take care,

Angela

A former member
Post #: 99
Will miss your leadership big time. All the best ~Mary~