So Cal Photo Explorers! Message Board › Eastern Sierra Fall Foliage Photo Shoot

Eastern Sierra Fall Foliage Photo Shoot

Ebie
user 11647889
Canoga Park, CA
Post #: 10
Would anybody be interested to help me plan a trip to Eastern Sierra between these dates: October 8 to 10?

Trip would include Alabama Hills, Bishop, Lone Pine, Hot Spring Geological, Mono Lake and South Tuffa Reserve, Mammoth Lakes, June Lake Loop, etc.

I have been there before in May, 2009, with my daughter Zee, and we explored on our own. No hiking, only photography. This would include an over night or two stay in motel/hotel.

Convict Lake, Lake Crowley, Lee Vining or Bridgeport could be included. On our way home, we stopped at Red Rock Canyon in the Mohave Desert.

If anyone has some ideas or suggestions, would be helpful.

Ebie
David
user 17146481
Walnut, CA
Post #: 5
Ebie,

Here is a good article on the subject.

Fall Leaves 2011: Photographing the beauty of the Eastern Sierra

Here is an interactive map that shows what color the leaves are at any given time in the Eastern Sierra.

Eastern Sierra Fall foliage interactive map

Here is an article on Tips and Techniques for taking photos of Fall foliage. The specific subject links are in the middle of the page under "more information".

Tips and Techniques: How to take fall photos
David
user 17146481
Walnut, CA
Post #: 6
Here's another link for Fall color updates.

California Fall Color
yewneeklymee
user 5670555
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 22
Count me in! I could leave after work on Friday... shoot Saturday/Sunday and drive home in the pm on Sunday!!!
Elena
user 4881434
Dana Point, CA
Post #: 124
I've been to Bishop and Lone Pine 2 weeks ago... No any sign of fall color yet... Remember this year we had a long and cold summer, the snow still did not melt in many places...
Ebie
user 11647889
Canoga Park, CA
Post #: 11
Thanks for your input. I have seen some pictures with wildflowers in bloom in Lone Pine.

If this be the case, we can postpone this trip maybe the third week of October.

A short trip would be leaving early dawn Saturday, overnight in Bishop and drive home Saturday afternoon.

I will do more leaf "peeking" at other websites and will update this forum.

Thanks again!
Cheryl D.
user 12720281
Garden Grove, CA
Post #: 1
I would love to join you but I had major surgery 2 weeks ago for a hysterectomy and other repairs. Can't lift anything heavier than 5 pounds through the end of the year so I'll be out of commission for a while. Had a fantastic time last year when the group went. Nice profile photo Elena.
Elena
user 4881434
Dana Point, CA
Post #: 125
Cheryl: thank you for taking that photo :-)

I will see you in an hour!
Ebie
user 11647889
Canoga Park, CA
Post #: 12
The leaves are turning red and yellow in the Parchers area, but a weekend trip is too short for this long drive.

Linda, please call me, you have my phone number.
Ebie
user 11647889
Canoga Park, CA
Post #: 13
Hi folks, I am set to go, reservations confirmed!