Active Lifestyle NERDS! Message Board › Sailing nerds

Sailing nerds

Pat
user 20380291
San Diego, CA
Post #: 6
I wanted to get a rough idea of how many people here know how to handle a Capri 22 or 25.
Also, who'd like to be part of the crew (no experience necessary).
Lastly, who wants to lounge around and occasionally serve drinks to the people above?
Ricardo C.
user 49623922
Claremont, CA
Post #: 2
If you're still throwing around this idea in your head, i definitely would be interested! I have no sailing experience but i can make a decent cocktail and am pretty good out lounging in the sun. I would love to do this, i'm sure others on here would too! cool
Kevin
B.Kevin
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Sailing Capri 22's is how I got my start in sailing many years ago. I used to get 22's through 32's at the Harbor Island Yacht Club. I am much better at sailing than mixing drinks, so this sounds like the beginning of a good team effort!
Mike
user 35905422
San Diego, CA
I can't sail but I can make a mean drink. I'd be up for it.
Matthew
m477z0r
Chula Vista, CA
I had sea legs when I was a lad. More importantly, my grandpa taught me how to put the correct count of whiskey in his drink (the answer was three fingers). I think what I am trying to communicate here is that I would enjoy manning a sea-faring vessel; or its bar.
Alim
user 8098105
San Diego, CA
No experience necessary, why that describes my experience perfectly. I sound like the perfect match to be a deck hand. I have "helped" on some smaller things like I believe a Hobie catamaran, and one other small boat.
Michelle K
user 23868402
San Diego, CA
I've 'helped' sail before but my main skill in sailing is staying out of the way.
Marisol
user 10067992
San Diego, CA
I would love to be part of the crew!
DJ (.
DJ-Dallas
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
I have never sailed before, but I like AWOLNATION if that counts for something. Just kidding! Would there be an amateur sail around the Bay event we could do?
Kathryn
user 73741452
San Diego, CA
Hey Pat, I DO have sailing experience, on a Capri22, J24, Laser, Sabot, Hobiecat, and I am unofficially certified in basic keelboat sailing. One of these weekends, I'll finish my keelboat cert and also get basic coastal nav cert as well.