SoCal Bronies Message Board › My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic Campaign

My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic Campaign

Sefas
user 13298932
Santa Ana, CA
Post #: 12
So a while back, I've discovered a wonderful little PDF for a MLP Tabletop RPG. I wanted to make a campaign for this game and maybe even set it up as an event for this group. For those of you who are interested, you can find the PDF for the RPG Book here. The reason I haven't suggested this as a meetup yet is that I don't actually have a campaign written up yet, which is what I'm talking to everyone here about. I want to see what kind of game everyone would want to play. While I do have an idea of what the story will be centered around, I want to know some specifics, so here's what I want to know.

If you are interested in having a game, would you rather
A. Play as the Mane 6 (In which case I will generate character sheets appropriate for that)
B. Play as background ponies (I'll leave the character generation up to you on that one)
C. Play as your own Original Characters (Again, you do character generation, but also write up a backstory and send me your character sheet so I can take a look at it)

I'll worry about the logistics of how exactly we're going to accomplish this later. Right now, I'm just gauging interest and seeing what kind of game I should make. So... Your thoughts on this?
Samicx S.
Samicx
Los Alamitos, CA
Post #: 103
Sounds cool. It would probably be easier just to do Mane 6 for sake of time and replayability.
Carlos P.
Rebel-Rouser
Tustin, CA
Post #: 18
Sounds awesome! Now all I need to learn how to role play!
Hector Vargas J.
Hecman
Santa Ana, CA
Post #: 95
Started to do some RP with the Savage World: MLP mod. This could be interesting.

I think we should just do O.C. or background characters.
Nicco R.
user 54224062
Montebello, CA
Post #: 30
I've never played a tabletop rpg, but shoot, I'll give it shot.
Renderin
ZavronGears
La Puente, CA
Post #: 50
NOW THAT sounds like an awesome idea. If there's a Meetup for it and we somehow do this on a live stream or something then I WILL Attend. I have always wanted to play a tabletop rpg but have found nominee else to play with. I know no or else has posted in a while and am not sure if something has already been arranged but I hope to brig this chat back to life.
Sefas
user 13298932
Santa Ana, CA
Post #: 13
Nothing final has been decided yet. Still on the fence as to whether the player characters should be the Mane Six or BG Ponies/OCs.
Renderin
ZavronGears
La Puente, CA
Post #: 51
Well I personally like all of the ideas above but I think it would be hard (for myself, mind you) to act and think like the mane 6 while the OCs have much more potential as we are not constrained to a certain setting or environment. Plus, we can do alot more and have a unique and interesting game. But it depends on who's up for it.
Sefas
user 13298932
Santa Ana, CA
Post #: 15
Alright, so far that's 2/3 votes for doing it as OCs. Excellent, we're getting somewhere. xD
Paul J.
Stargazer1
Azusa, CA
Post #: 7

Sounds like Pony DnD. lol, Always wanted to do it, but didn't have the crowd. Can I get a bit more info on what more is involved? I get the the basics of role play, but is this gonna be more story or a battle game? I'll take a look at the link. I prefer my own hoof and mane :P.