SoCal WordPress Users' Group Message Board › A great big thank you to all of our WordPress Expert Panelists

A great big thank you to all of our WordPress Expert Panelists

Natalie M.
NatalieMac
Los Angeles, CA
Hello WordPress Fans!

Please join me in sending out a great big hearty THANK YOU to our Panelists from last night's meetup. Even though WordPress might suck (it just sucks less than the other options - thank you Glenn), I think we can all agree that what makes WordPress truly special is the community of people who surround it. It's nothing short of amazing that so many knowledgeable, smart, and experienced professionals would fight LA traffic just to donate their time and share their knowledge with all of us.

If you're interested in continuing the conversation or working with any of our panelists, all of them provided me with links to their sites and/or twitter and you can find those on our WordPress Expert Panel announcement and at PurplePen.com­. Please take a moment to post a thank you comment to our panelists at either of those two places.

Thanks also to everyone who came out and bravely asked their questions - I just organize the events - it's the members that really make this group ROCK!

A quick word about what happened with the library. There was a miscommunication somewhere in the process of booking the room and I did not know that it was against library policy to collect a fee from those attending the meeting. When I arrived at the library, the librarian was angry and nearly kicked us out! I tried to explain that the $5.00 was just everyone chipping in for the cost of the room rental, food, and prizes, but it didn't matter. In the end, I convinced her to let us stay on the conditions that I did not collect money from anyone and that we never used SMPL for our meetings again. So we've unfortunately lost a very nice venue - the quest for a space for our meetups continues. Any help anyone can give in that area is much appreciated.

Thank you again to our amazing panelists and awesome members for coming out last night. I hope you all have a great weekend!

--Natalie

lucy b.
user 7272768
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
Hey Natalie - thanks for asking me to participate, it was a good time, and hopefully useful to those who attended. Big thanks to YOU for continuing to be our selfless & generous organizer - it's greatly appreciated!
-Lucy