Help support your MeetupChip in
First and foremost, we are a group of friends that enjoy exploring Southern California together and finding the hidden gems not found on maps or well traveled trails. It's about sharing adventures with awesome people.
We have specific guidelines in place to find likeminded adventurers that mesh well with the group.
SoCalX adventures include...
Exploring caves, abandoned mines, tunnels, buildings...
Backpacking, camping, trailblazing, hiking, rock climbing, bouldering...
and when the weather is warm - Snorkeling, freediving...
The majority of our events are loosely structured, exploration-type trips. I find an interesting destination or something curious on satellite images and plot a hike to explore it. Details may be minimal but are certainly not secret. I will supply any additional information I can if there are any questions or concerns. Please keep in mind that 99% of the time though, we are going somewhere we have never been and exploration is the name of the game. That is how this group works...
Rules, Guidelines, & Notes:
1) SoCalX is 21+ Adults Only. No kids. No minors.
2) Upon joining SoCalX, you will be on a 60 day trial period to see if you enjoy what we do. If you have not made any attempt to participate after the 60 days has expired, you will be removed from the group. If you are a no show to your first event, you will likewise be removed. Please be courteous to the event organizers by updating your RSVP.
3) Multiple no-shows will lead to you being suspended from RSVP'ing to limited attendance events.
4) SoCalX is not for inexperienced hikers and you must be able to keep pace with the group. If you are unsure whether or not you can handle an event, you should refrain from car pooling and simply drive separately to the location in case you need to cut your hike short.
5) I choose to limit the distribution of the exact locations of mines & caves in order to help minimize foot traffic and would-be vandals, and I prefer members to exercise the same discretion. Keep California beautiful!
6) If, due to negligence or just plain disregard for safety, you get yourself or another member injured, you will be permanently banned from the group.
7) Senior Members are the core of SoCalX. Once you have attended 5+ hikes and shown that you can handle yourself, your status with the group may be promoted to Senior Member. We want people interested in being apart of the group, not joining for a single event.
8) Some of the more dangerous events (ie., involving caves or mines) will have a limit on the number of First Timers permitted to attend, while others are open to all. This information will be posted in the event description.
9) Some events do not permit guests. This information will be posted in the event description.
10) Some events may give Senior Members first shot at the available RSVP's up to 5 days before the date of the event. This is to encourage people to continue participating in the group and strive to be a Senior Member. This information will be posted in the event description.
11) Thoroughly read the description before RSVP'ing to an event so you know what you're getting into. You must have the proper gear and come prepared according to that description. Please speak up in the comments for an event if you have questions or concerns about anything at all.
12) Event details, dates, and times may change! You are responsible for keeping up to date by reading event descriptions, event comments, and group emails!
13) We do not condone trespassing, vandalism, or the destruction of property or nature!
14) Drug use is not permitted. No exceptions and no tolerance.
15) Alcohol is only permitted on camping trips but you are expected to be responsible and not be under the influence if you want to take part in any activities outside camp.
16) I take great pride in the fact that we conduct injury-free events. I strongly encourage the use of safety gear, which will be listed in the event descriptions.
Be sure and LIKE us on FACEBOOK!
903 Electronic Music Fans
1,166 Social Board Gamers
695 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Fans
3,909 New & Fun Friends