Help support your MeetupChip in
Please be aware this group is NOT for beginners, casual trailwalkers, tourists, or those wanting to learn. There are plenty of other groups for those sorts of events. You need to have outdoors experience and be able to handle yourself in whatever situation you RSVP to.
SoCalX adventures include...
Exploring caves, abandoned mines, tunnels, buildings...
Backpacking, camping, trailblazing, hiking, rock climbing, bouldering...
and when the weather is warm - Snorkeling, freediving...
The majority of our events are loosely structured, exploration-type trips. I find an interesting destination or something curious on satellite images and plot a hike to explore it. Details may be minimal but are certainly not secret. I will supply any additional information I can if there are any questions or concerns. Please keep in mind that 90% of the time though, we are going somewhere we have never been and exploration is the name of the game. That is how this group works...
Rules, Guidelines, & Notes:
1) SoCalX is 21+ Adults Only. No kids. No minors.
2) Upon joining SoCalX, you will be on a 30 day trial period. If you have not made any attempt to participate after the 30 days has expired, you will be removed from the group.
3) If you aren't going to show up to something you RSVP'd for or you're unsure if you can make it, please be courteous to the event organizers by updating your RSVP. You get one No Show. A second will get you removed from the group.
4) The start time listed for an event is when we get in the cars and leave. If you arrive after that start time, don't expect the group to be waiting around. Get to the meeting spot early and be ready to go.
5) Thoroughly read the event description before RSVP'ing to an event so you know what you're getting into. You must have the proper gear and come prepared according to that description. Please speak up in the comments for an event if you have questions or concerns about anything at all.
6) Event details, dates, and times may change! You are responsible for keeping up to date by reading event descriptions, event comments, and group emails!
7) I choose to limit the distribution of the exact locations of mines & caves in order to help minimize foot traffic and would-be vandals, and I prefer members to exercise the same discretion. Keep California beautiful!
8) We do not condone trespassing, vandalism, or the destruction of property or nature!
9) Drug use is not permitted. No exceptions and no tolerance.
10) I take great pride in the fact that we conduct injury-free events. I strongly encourage the use of safety gear, which will be listed in the event descriptions.
Be sure and LIKE us on FACEBOOK!
...and Follow us on Instagram: @_socalx_