Love (and miss :)) this group and Elizabeth's tours and workshops. That's why I'm excited to invite you to my upcoming solo "Wild Florida" Exhibition opening reception at the Everglades. Look forward to sharing with you some or all of the events for this special day: Everglades Gallery Exhibit to Anhinga Trail to photographing the sunset at my favorite place, Pine Glades Lake.
Here are the details:
* Meet the Artist Reception, August 1 - 3pm, Coe Visitor Center Gallery at Everglades National Park.
* Food provided by Big Cheese of Homestead and White Lion Cafe, both of Homestead.
* Afterwards for those who want, we're going to visit the Anhinga Trail, a boardwalk/trail through the Everglades sawgrass marsh, famous for the wealth of wildlife (specifically birds and alligators) that can be seen up close and personal.
* Then at 6 pm, for sundown, we will caravan down to Pine Glades Lake, which is famous for its spectacular sunsets. Nestled along a dirt and gravel road near the Long Pine Key campgrounds in the Everglades, the lake provides for completely unique and spectacular sunsets on a daily basis.
* The road to get to the lake is difficult to find and difficult to navigate, so we will need to carpool and caravan down there from a central location. We will meet at the Royal Palm visitor's center (the parking lot for the Anhinga Trail) at 5:45 pm to arrange the caravan.
* Bring a tripod, snacks and drinks, bug repellent, your landscape kit, your telephoto kit, and a lawn chair to relax in while you enjoy and capture the spectacular evening sunset show.
* Sunset is scheduled for 8:06 pm.
* I look forward to seeing you there.
Much thanks to Elizabeth and James Keith for the following map to Pine Glades Lake: