January 12, 2014 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This game is for people who have never played soccer or played very little. Men and women of all ages are welcome. I started this group to look for people at my skill level i.e. no experience but looking to play and have some fun. It's meant to be non-competitive and a good way for beginners to start out.
Some simple rules:
1) Please try to show up if you have RSVPed. If you have RSVPed and really can't turn up at the last minute, drop me a note.
2) If you have some / a lot of experience playing soccer, be gracious to newbies (like me). In line with the theme and objective of this group, I want to create a newbie-friendly environment where beginners can get a lot of ball time and not feel self-conscious. If you are looking to play at a more competitive level I think there are a few other groups around.
3) To newbies: don't be ball-shy and don't feel left out during the game. It's the whole point of me creating this group.
4) Attire: Whatever is comfortable for you. Normal sports shoes is fine, but as it's a synthetic field if you have soccer boots that's fine as well. Bring a water bottle as it can get really HOT. Water coolers are available. Bring your own hydrating fluids if you want. Shower facilities are available.
5) Total cost of venue is $23.20 for 2 hours, split amongst all who show up but we usually just round it up to $2 per person.