Social Introverts Message Board › Facebook Page

Facebook Page

user 11404010
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 33
I was thinking of creating a Facebook page for this group. Those interested could Like the page and have the option to use it to communicate about events they've heard about, or talk about introversion, or just socialize and discuss topics that interest them that maybe they don't usually have an opportunity to discuss with like-minded people. I might post information there about meetups that I'm considering scheduling, and anyone else could post about meetups they'd like to see scheduled. That way, we could feel them out to see how much interest there might be. And hey, if there are only two or three people interested in an event and they want to have a meetup of their own, I think that would be great. The important thing is that people get out and enjoy themselves, and maybe make some connections.

Please provide some feedback on this. I like the idea, but I don't want to create the page unless there seems to be some interest.

Thank you!
Bob W.
user 53907642
West Des Moines, IA
Post #: 1
I think it would be a valuable addition to the meetup group. Especially if used to check interest in different types of meetups without formally setting them up. Also would be a good venue to start discussions.
user 28785752
Altoona, IA
Post #: 2
I Liked the page. :)

One thing you may consider is actually having it be a Group instead of a page. In case you don't know the difference, I'll explain: When someone posts to a Page's wall, the only person notified of that is the Page owner. Members will have to remember to check the Page's wall to see if anyone has posted something new. With groups, each member can choose to be notified anytime a member posts to the wall of the group, when there are responses, etc.

Either way works, but if you want there to be more activity, I think a Group is the way to go. It looks like you've put some effort into that page though... and it looks great! I just wanted to give some friendly feedback. :)