Tuesday is Ollie's Bargain Nite at Camden Yards. The game on Sept 10 is against the Yankees.
The tickets for this game ARE GOING TO SELL OUT and the stadium is going to be packed! WE WILL NEED TO BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE.
We bought a block of ticket on Aug 28 and they are all spoken for, but if you would like to come to the game, you can buy tix at Orioles.com.
The weather forecast for the game is looking good! Here's some logistical info:
1. We'll meet around 6:30 pm at the memorial at the corner of W. Lee Street and Ravens' Walk (the pedestrian walkway between M&T Bank Stadium and Camden Yard). The memorial is inscribed "Time Will Not Dim the Glory of Their Deeds". The exact location is marked by the letter "B" on this map: https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=39.282,-76.6208&dirflg=w&z=17&t=h
2. We'll head into the stadium together around 6:45. If you're running late, call me on my cell and we'll either wait a few minutes for you, or I'll come down and meet you by the gate when you get there. (I'll email my cell # to everyone the day of the event.)
3. I like to park on W. Hamburg Street between S. Hanover and S. Charles Streets. Parking on that block is free after 6 pm. There are only about 20 spots there though, so you need to get there right at 6 pm to get one. If I miss out, I can often find parking on Charles Street or Light Street, just north of W. Hamburg St. You then get to the stadium by walking down W. Hamburg St, across the bridge, and then just follow the crowd.
4. If anyone would like to ride up with me from the Laurel/Columbia area, please let me know. It makes no sense to try to park multiple cars :-) I'm going to be leaving as soon after 5:15 pm as possible--definitely no later than 5:30.
5. You're allowed to bring your own water, soda and snacks into the stadium. Those are often nice to have.
6. A baseball cap is a good idea. It shields your eyes from the overhead field lights and makes it easier to see.
See everyone on Tuesday!