You're invited to join Social Media Cafe 9, which we're thrilled to host in partnership with our mother, PodCamp Toronto. In many ways, PodCamp 2011 gave birth to us, when some of us decided to start the Social Media Cafe, and a bunch of us met for the first time.
As usual, the Cafe is a place for informal networking. However, this time, we'll also:
(1) Invite a member of PodCamp to tell us about the unconference,
(2) Tell you about some of the upcoming presentations, and
(3) Run our first PowerPoint karaoke, ideally with improv actors & social media gurus
We're thrilled to partner with PodCamp, not just because it's a great, and free, tech unconference. But because it's an incubator for new ideas, learning, and networking--especially at their famous party. Pitch your session or get your ticket here: http://2013.podcamptoronto.com
DJ Lo (@fastdrvr) will be spinning the tunes at 130 BPM. When tweeting, please use #smcafeto and #pcto13 for our famous Twitter wall (http://www.twaterfall.com).
Speaking at PodCamp?
If you're speaking at PodCamp, and you'd like to give a 60 sec pitch, get in touch with May (@mayola69). If you would like to sponsor our event, get in touch with our organizing committee.
We're thrilled to announce our star studded lineup of PowerPoint karaoke masters:
(1) Martin Waxman lives in Toronto and works as a social media and communications strategist, He co-founded three PR agencies, blogs at myPALETTE, hosts the Inside PR podcast and can be found on Twitter @martinwaxman. He currently has his own consultancy and an association with Thornley Fallis, has published two books of fiction, been a TV writer for a cancelled variety show, and an ex-journalist, ex-ad guy and ex-standup comedy MC.
(2) Mark Farmer is the Digital Strategist for York University. In previous incarnations he's lead a multi-year web redesign project for the Royal Ontario Museum, social media at Intuit Canada, electronic communications for the Association of Canadian Advertisers and more. Mark is a co-organizer of Social Media Cafe Toronto, founder of the Toronto Museums & Culture Online Collective, and a speaker at such events as PodCamp Toronto, NXNE Interactive, Social Media Week, MyCharityConnects and more. In his spare time he writes and acts for the theatre.
(3) If It Sparkles...I Will Find It. Jarvis Emerald is a Daily Video Blogger that has his ear to the Local Ground, hitting the streets in a unique fashion that has tested the boundaries of mobile blogging. Since starting his blog in 2010, Jarvis has uploaded over 500 videos, been a guest speaker and volunteer at WORD11 24 hr Blogging Festival and this year will be holding a session at PodCamp 2013 for his first time. In the past he has also piloted the DUB HUB as a Livestream host in Kensington Market, which appeared in the GridTO in less than one month of operation. "Every day is an Adventure, and I'm taking you with me."
(3) Sofia Stefou, MBA is the digital strategist/producer/owner at Sofina Media and comes with over 6 years experience in producing short form videos for the web. In addition to her work as a producer, Sofia also brings with her previous work experience in sales and marketing for large and small organizations. Sofia has an undergraduate degree in Marketing Management from Ryerson University as well as an MBA in media management also from Ryerson University. In addition to her works with clients, Sofia also teaches Analytics at Centennial College’s Interactive Digital Media program. She is also an actor and is very comfortable with improve so consider yourself warned!