Social Milwaukee Message Board › Parties, Pumpkins And Getting Social! (Milwaukee Organized ;) )

Parties, Pumpkins And Getting Social! (Milwaukee Organized ;) )

Casey P.
miltownkid
Milwaukee, WI
Hey Guys and Gals,

There was an outstanding response to the "Jedi Council" email and we officially have one now. :D

I was looking for people to be "figureheads" for the various aspects of the group:

• Nonprofit
  • Social Enterprise/Entrepreneurship
  • Social fun (events and whatnot)
  • Social Media (the non douchebag type... pardon my french)
  • More meetups! :D
  • Help making it all happen (otherwise I'll, as my grandmother use to say and I eventually saw, run around like a chicken with it's head cut off... :) )

I should have already contacted everyone that expressed interest in being a part of the "Jedi Council" (note: everyone likes the name!) I should have everyone who is a member of the council (and would like public acknowledgement for it) listed on this page early next week:

http://socialmilwaukee.org/jedi-council/­

Anyone Want To Carve Pumpkins With Me Tomorrow?

I'm building an alliance with the Water Street Entertainment District and Adam (the marketing dude) needed some help running the pumpkin carving station. I accepted the challenge! If any of you think it would be fun to help kids carve pumpkins and tell scary stories from 1:30-5 (or any slice of that time) tomorrow, let me know!

The goal of the "Water Street Alliance" is to have an area where we can organize fun fundraising/social events on a regular basis. More details on that to come!

Parties!

This doesn't even need to be said, but there will be parties going on all over the city tonight and throughout the weekend (I'll be partying with pumpkins tomorrow! ;) ) If you're new to the city or haven't found anything to do yet let me know! That's why I'm here. :)

The Next Social Milwaukee Event

I've turned off all of the automated emails from Meetup for this group because I want the reminder to be burned into your subconscious "Second Wednesday of the Month at the Open MiKE Space (formerly Spreenkler)." The second Wednesday of next month is November 9th and you can RSVP now by following this link.

We're going to go back to the format of the first meetup which is Mingle, Present and Do Stuff. I think the list of presenters is pretty set:

• David Snopek to briefly talk about H20 Score
  • Andy Wright to get us to get in gear about TEDxMKE (I think, maybe I should have asked him first... :D )
  • Dan Schiller from Make A Difference Wisconsin about how they can better leverage the web and Social.
  • And room for one or two more I'm sure if there's someone you'd like to suggest. :)

I'm not going to make any promises about live streaming the next meetup, but I... the Jedi Council will definitely get the presentations recorded, uploaded and posted to the Social Milwaukee blog by the following Monday so you busy folk can participate virtually.

The "Do Stuff" portion of the meeting should be fun at this next one because there will be at least three projects to brainstorm, tweak and join forces with once the presentations are done.

I think the next email might actually be a collaborative effort from the Jedi Council (although I'm not sure if that will make it shorter or longer... :) )

Casey and The Council (in spirit!)