Easy Hike at Audubon Society 26 Audubon way. Auburn NH.
Sunday Apr. 21st. 2pm. RAIN CANCELS THIS EVENT!
Host: Claire P. Co-Host Steve Ob1. [masked][masked]
Weather permitting, I think it would be fun to go hiking, snow shoeing, or cross country skiing on the trails at Audubon Society Massabesic Trails. Please know that my intent is to enjoy the view of the area, and to chat along the way. This event is meant more to have fun than to get a workout. I thought that we would enjoy nature for about two hours, with a few breaks/stops along the trail. So come and enjoy some fresh air, beautiful views, and all this while in good company of friends. Rentals are available at the office, if you do not own your own snowshoes. Call the center to inquire about the rental rates.
We will meet at 2:00 pm in the parking lot off of the Audubon Center.
DIRECTIONS: Directions to Trailhead
1. From I-93 and points west and north and south of Manchester, take Exit 7 to Route 101 East (Seacoast). Watch for the Audubon signs.
2. From points east of Manchester, go west towards Manchester on Route 101. Watch for the Audubon signs.
3. Take Exit 1 and go south onto Route 28 By-pass. Travel 1/8 miles to the traffic circle.
4. Proceed half way through the circle, continuing on the Route 28 By-pass. You'll see Lake Massabesic on your left.
5. Travel 1.9 miles to Spofford Road. Turn left onto Spofford Road for 1/4 mile.
6. Turn left onto Audubon Way (on the corner as Spofford Road veers right).
7. The parking lot is on the left, opposite the Center.
Notes on Difficulty Rating
The trails are generally flat.
Please remember to bring plenty of fluids and to dress in layers so that you will be comfortable the whole time we are out on the trails.
If anyone cares to, we can then go grab a bite to eat or enjoy a hot chocolate, at a nearby restaurant. I hope to see you there.
Please RSVP or call my cell @[masked]
Liability Release - AS A CONDITION OF ATTENDING THIS MEETUP, YOU AGREE TO hold harmless, and indemnify the organizer and her heirs, and all members and participants of this Meetup group from any and all claims for injury, illness, death, and/or property damage including those caused by negligence, ignorance, inexperience and other reasons. You also agree to assume all mental, physical, financial, and/or other risk associated with this meetup. All meetup activities pose inherent risks and dangers. Participation in these activities is voluntary and dependent upon your own personal judgment.