addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Social Fun Message Board › Important Social Fun updates for 2013

Important Social Fun updates for 2013

Biagio
user 3847345
Group Organizer
Bedford, MA
Hope you all survived the snowstorm. We do our best to run event and cancel them beforehand for your safety. I’d like to remind members to always check the website before coming to an event for last minute updates and to actually read the entire event description.

Oh and YES we did reschedule the Mix N Mingle for this Friday so you can RVPS for it here: http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/events/103529022/­

To smoothly run this group we need an accurate headcount at all events. Our attendance policy is clearly stated in our sign-up page. If you have signed up to attend an event and are not able to make it, please be sure to change your RSVP as soon as possible. Don't wait until last minute to change and do not be a 'no show'. This is important for all of our events- not just the dinners at restaurants. Not to mention it is just plain rude to your fellow Meetup members.

We have removed 1 member and we will remove any member for being a no show 3 times over a 3 month period. Don’t be that rude member that always hogging the best spots in the best events who later no shows, because now we are now removing you for the good of the whole group.

Please make sure that your profile contains an accurate photo of yourself to help Members find each other at events which makes for a more social group and it is a requirement for membership. Don’t forget to fill in your profile questions so Members can get to know you better and so they have more reasons to chat with you at our events.

This includes Age, because we know it’s important to some members to make pals in their age range, but we do not limit by age and welcome all above 21. Please be open and fair to all. If you attend an event that you felt was too old or young, then please look for our other event that you feel is in your age range. Our events can vary at time by age depending on what it is.

How to control and even stop most of your Meetup E-mails please click on this link:

http://www.meetup.com/help/How-can-I-stop-getting-so-much-email/­

Please remember that if you use a dummy e-mail account to avoid too many e-mails you‘ll need to log into Meetup at least once every 6 month or Meetup removes you from the group. This is not us doing this.

Help us grow  Social Fun so for homework  please tell at least 10 of your friends and co-workers about Social Fun since it is not easily found on Meetup. Please use this link http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/­

In January I just paid  the $72 Meetup fee so don’t forget to pay your yearly Voluntarily Contribution of $10.65 after your 2nd event.

If you paid last year then it is time to pay again in this New Year.

The Voluntarily Contribution of $10.65 link is located below the group photo, but above my (Biagio’s) photo on the left hand side of the main Social Fun Meetup view http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/­

If you click on that’s $10.65 YEARLY link on the main page, a new pop up window appear in the center of your screen, follow the instructions to pay via Amazon payment, You can also pay the $10 donations directly to me in person if you are not comfortable paying online. Less than 1% of the group paid this in 2012 and in 2013  only 1 Person has paid so far. Remember without this donation, we cannot run the group much longer.

Member event ideas need to be posted on the online  discussion boards  here http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/messages/boards/­

Lastly, Meetup is what you make of it, so get out there an actually go to the events you RSVP for and make it the best event possible.  This includes the 1000s of Meetup group out there. If things are not going as expected, try to realize you might of read the details of the event wrong…... We are all adults so we expect no complaints.  Instead try to offer a helping hand and try to fix any issues. Offer to help a host or any new, lost or confused members. Say hi to someone you see is shy. If someone is not talking to you it is probably because you did not try to say hi them too. Be friendly and nice to all. OK?

Thank you for your support. I look forward to seeing you at more events!

Enjoy and Ciao from Biagio
Kerry P.
user 6742160
Braintree, MA
Post #: 6
I'm sorry that I might be guilty of this. I have just had surgery on my knee. and sometimes I think it feels better and then it hiuts again. I will try to remember this policy. Sometimes, I find that I have other things clashing, so I will try and remember, I also have lupus and Congestive Heart Failure, so I'm never sure how I'm going to feel.

Thanks, Kerry
A former member
Post #: 4
i try to replay i only go to things i can drive to myself mostly not far from were i live as i have a disbilty also im not into the bar an drinking thing .so i never care to go to those events
Kerry P.
user 6742160
Braintree, MA
Post #: 7
Thanks! You make me feel not so guilty. However, I am sorry about your disability. I know it is hard when they go to bars. i have to catch The Ride.