addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Social Fun Message Board › South Shore Restaurants: Affordable/Inexpensive

South Shore Restaurants: Affordable/Inexpensive

Angela
abcxyz0620
Braintree, MA
Post #: 1,890
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to host some meal events on the south shore this year and am looking for some inexpensive (where most of the food is less than $20, if not $15) restaurants you are interested in dining at with us. Please share at least the name of the restaurant and town, and if you have a website and/or phone # that would be great too.

Thanks,
Angela :)
Ronald M
Quinzy52
Quincy, MA
Post #: 12
Angela: I like sports viewing parties. I would like to some at the Stadium sports bar in Quincy. I like trivia and do not have a place to suggest. I like a buzztime trivia that is broadcast to bars over sattelite tv. Each game has 15 questions w/5 possible answers. If you know what the answer is right away you get 1000 points. If you need a clue or two to answer you get less points. It is fast paced. The Southside Tavern in Quincy has it. I had a fair number of people attend these trivia nights after work. I had them starting at 5pm. I like outdoor concerts at town commons in the summer. I might be interested in hosting something. I hope it will be easier than Matt Adams. He seems to want a lot of lead time.
Bob M
user 103867392
Canton, MA
Post #: 1
Angela,

There is a hidden gem in Stoughton, MA for delicious Portugese dishes. It is in the Portugese American Club on Wyman Street across from the Stoughton Center Commuter Rail station. I have to add that the dining atmosphere is lacking (formica tables/cafetreria decor) but the chef's ability to provide wonderful food at a fair price is beyond compare. Some great choices are Steak on a Stone, Steak on a Stick, Fish Stew (Enough for two), Little necks and pasta, and many other tasty dishes. Most dinners between $13 to $15. Last time I had a stew with chicken, potato, and little neck clams. Sounds odd but it was delicious. Chef accomodates requests.

Regards,
Bob Melchin
Deirdre K.
user 8591438
Foxboro, MA
Post #: 37
I had a fair number of people attend these trivia nights after work. I had them starting at 5pm.

Trivia sounds fun but 5 pm is really tough to make for people who work 9-5 (many of us do) and have to fight rush hour traffic. I could not make anything before 6 on a weeknight.
Deirdre K.
user 8591438
Foxboro, MA
Post #: 38
On the subject of ethnic food I like the Brazilian Rodizio buffets, some of them even run Groupons from time to time. I've been to Rio in Quincy and it was pretty decent. Asian "Hot Pot" restaurants are interesting too. There are many of these types of restaurants in and near the Quincy area. Quincy is not too bad to get to since it is near a lot of major highways. I'm definitely in favor of trying to do something other than standard American fare.
Bob M
user 103867392
Canton, MA
Post #: 2
Another nice dining experience is the Tavern at Granite Links in Quincy. The views from the restaurant are very nice especially at sunset. Food experience is very good as well.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi.. I would highly recommend the Gourmet Garden at Cobbs Corner in Canton, they have great reasonably priced Chinese/hibachi/sushi available in a lively atmosphere, Rodizio in Braintree is also terrific and the Blackthorne Tavern in Easton has good fare and lively bands....
Julie
user 11655669
West Bridgewater, MA
Post #: 15
Agree with the Blackthorn Tavern in Easton. Also Freda's in West Bridgewater and the Crystal Kitchen in West Bridgewater
Angela
abcxyz0620
Braintree, MA
Post #: 1,964
Agree with the Blackthorn Tavern in Easton. Also Freda's in West Bridgewater and the Crystal Kitchen in West Bridgewater
Is Crystal Kitchen a Thai restaurant in a strip mall at an intersection near Route 28 or something? If so, I've eaten there and liked it. We could bring a group of 15 or so but we'd also be taking up half of the restaurant. Either way, if I'm right then it's definitely an excellent Thai restaurant and I'm almost always up for Thai!