addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Social Fun Message Board › Boston Marathon Weekend Volunteers needed!

Boston Marathon Weekend Volunteers needed!

nancy
user 9118290
Boston, MA
Post #: 68
Boston Running Film Festival is looking for volunteers for April 12-14th - Boston Marathon weekend. The festival will take place at the Hynes Convention Center. As the name suggests, the Boston Running Film Festival is a (brand new) three day festival of running-themed films. Please check out our website runfilmfest.org. Not only are you helping out the local running community and getting inspired by all the encouraging films but it’s all for a great cause. Boston Running Film Festival is brought to you by RACE - Run Against Cancer Events.

We are looking for volunteers for Ticket Sales, Ticket Collecting, Gift Sales, Filmfest Pass and VIP seating for the times listed below. Usher shifts are 3 hours; Street team shifts are 2 hours.

Day/Times

In Hynes
Friday 2:15, 4:45pm & 7:15pm
Saturday 10:15am, 1:15pm, 4:15pm, & 7:15pm
Sunday 10:15am, 1:15pm, 4:15pm, & 7:15pm

Street Team (flyer distribution outside of Hynes Convention Center)
Friday 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm
Saturday 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm
Sunday 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm

Work a volunteer shift for the Boston Running Film Festival & get a free ticket to a future screening on Marathon Weekend! (You may pick up your free ticket when you check out at the end of your volunteer shift back outside Room 312). Thanks!

racemenu.com/runfilmfestvolunteer
Sandy
user 33790302
Boston, MA
Post #: 2
Is everyone ok?
Tasha
user 9575930
Boston, MA
Post #: 17
Dear Fellow Meet Up Friends,
I am in awe and shock about the event taking place in Boston today!! Being a native Bostonian I can't believe that at not only an event, but a famous city attraction, one in which I frequent a few times. My heart, prayers and thoughts go out to the city, victims/their families, the nation and society. I ask that each one of us reflect on this day and our own lives...

It would be great for the Meetups groups to come together and do a fundraiser or participate in sometime to support those of were part of the Marathon and the city....
Angela
abcxyz0620
Braintree, MA
Post #: 1,909
Has anyone heard from Herbert? He was running in the Marathon today!
Angela
abcxyz0620
Braintree, MA
Post #: 1,912
Herbert not only emailed me but also posted an update on the 4/13 Houghton's Pond event page.

Herbert
Yes, I am OK. I just got home. I was lucky today. I was one mile away from the finish line when the incident happened. Lucky. Police locked down the area and stopped the race. We were all trying to figure out what to do. It took a while for the shuttle bus to come and pick up all the runners. What's a sad day!

Thank you for your concerns. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Herbert