Social Fun Message Board › Quick tip, how to stop unwanted e-mails and a party not to be missed!
1. If you have an event idea DO NOT e-mail me as they go to directly to my trash bin. Instead post them on the Message boards for all to see http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/messages/boards/ When we get 10+ members who like the idea we can make it an event. It’s that Simple.
2. If you have a business, are an Artists or do something cool fun that you have on a website you should be listed that on your profile so other can see that and providing a link to your website so we can all check it out. Oh and I do NOT mean SPAM crap, just to be clear!
3. I’d love to start supporting local Member’s Businesses, Musicians and Artists that have fun things that they can offer the group at a discount like a hand carwash + waxing service would be cool? (Can you tell my car needs a wash…lol)..If you want to run a sponsorship Social Fun for a month or 2 with a link to your website we can talk about that.
4. Always looking for places to host house parties all over not just in Boston! These you can e-mail me on but list in subject “house party” and I’ll get it!
5. Looking for places all over the Boston area to host a monthly new member mixer for free. That way we can welcome and educate new members on how Meetup works!
6. Looking for places all over the Boston area to host a monthly Art and Music mixers. These you can e-mail me on but list in subject “Art” or “Music” and I’ll get it!
7. Remember to thank your Organizers! They make this group work, without them you’d have nothing fun to do!
8. Sign up for the best party/event this Friday: the Mix N Mingle! …This will be the second to last Friday Night Mix N Mingle Party at the Wild Rover since they will be hosting live bands here soon. Tis I’ve mmebr memebrs clainm is our best event to meet interesting new members from all over an a nice relaxed (non singles) easy going setting. Where else can you make up to 200 new friends in one night? http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/events/110049302/
And yes RSVPS have exceeds 175+ members, so there are only a few spots left for the party you’ve been waiting for.
9. Remember to be nice to everyone one you meet. Sure they are strangers and weird at first, but give people a chance. OK?....Please realize we’ve all been there the newbie to the group. Make sure you say Hi to everyone at Meetup. Yes go around be friendly!. Yes, you can call me crazy now! lol
10. Diana is running a Welcome Singles 40-60 - Comedy Night and Reception Party which is almost full with 36 people but she needs 4 more men to attend so RSVP on the waitlist and then contact her ASAP here! http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/events/110524882/
11. We’re hosting a Free New Members Mixer at MJ O'Connors in Boston on Tuesday, April 23, 2013at 6:30PM this would be a smaller more comfortable setting set to welcome new member that have joined in the last years or any member that has yet to attend an event. The goals would be to welcome new members and explain how the group works and help answer questions. So sign up here: http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/events/111032962/
12. Oh and to my Organizers don’t forget to sign up for our Monthly meeting here http://www.meetup.com/SocialFun/events/109932662/ …this is for Organizers only so we can provide a forum to make this group belter for all our members!. Yes we do work that hard for your enjoyment!
13. How to edit your email and communication settings? PLEASE NOTE you have to do this for EVERY Meetup group you have joined not just on Social Fun for it to work. 90% of members miss this critical step! http://www.meetup.com/help/How-do-I-edit-my-group-email-settings/
14. We’re up to 6100 members so keep having fun no matter what.
15. Now go RSVP for some fun events and start enjoying life!