This month's topic will be all about my favorite thing on the web - Responsive Design. The presentation will cover a lot of the questions that people are asking but no one seems to be answering. It will be focused on making decisions at the strategy, design, and code layers, so it's suitable for folks of any level.
We'll talk about:
- What Responsive is, what it isn't, and how to calm it down into a web strategy.
- Putting together a Responsive workflow to bridge content, design, development.
- How to start a new site using prototypes and Bootstrap to impress your clients
- Methods to convert your existing desktop site to a responsive layout without a redesign (if you dare!)
- Overcoming existing politics to make incremental impacts over the long-haul
I hope you can make it, this will also be a great opportunity for everyone to input on their responsive experiences. I'll also show a lot of examples of things I've done, and would be happy to include samples of work you've done as well.
We'll meet up at the Holiday Club on Irving Park around 7:30. Feel free to show up as early as 7pm to get yourself settled and order some libations. They've got food and beer so bring your appetite for hunger in addition to your appetite for knowledge!