add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Portland Social Club Message Board › Safety Reminder

Safety Reminder

user 6897336
Beaverton, OR
Hello, this is a message from the organizer of the PDX Metro Social and Friendship meetup group.

Although we are a fun, upbeat group to hang with, I am STRONGLY encouraging every member of this group to be safe and smart in terms of your communication with other Meetup members. Meetup is a great way to make lasting friendships and meet new people. However... please be safe.

Specifically, I strongly encourage you to NOT meet with anyone you don't know in a private location. Don't worry, nothing bad happened within our group. However, I did see a news item tonight which mentioned a Portland area Meetup group, so I'm urging you to stay safe when communicating with strangers. I'm choosing not to post details of the news item for now. You can contact me individually if you feel you need more information.

Thanks for reading and please take a moment to review the PDX Metro Social and Friendship group's "About" page at:­

Meetup is a wonderful community! Have fun and make safe choices!