Seva in the City is a secular, non political event where we reach out to some of the neediest in our city. I have several meetup groups participating.
Objective: Hope Springs Eternal!! We will be handing out personal care items, sandwiches and messages of Hope!
Agenda: Arrive at 930 AM, get acquainted, discuss issues surrounding homelessness, walk over to Allan Gardens and distribute our items to the neediest in our city. There is a sizable homeless contingent who congregate at the park.
Pledge: Attendees are required to bring one of the items on the pledge list below. In addition, to the conventional pledges, all attendees are required to write one letter which contains messages of hope. I recommend you relay stories from your own lives or the lives of others. The letter should be brought in a sealed envelope and I wont read it. We will distribute the letters along with the conventional pledges.
1) 12 PB & J Sandwiches- each sandwich should be contained in a ziploc bag
2) Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
3) 10 Pairs of Socks
1) I would like us to be there by 10 am so please help us by arriving on time.
2) You're free to bring other items as well, e.g. gently worn clothes. Pls run all items not on the pledge list by me beforehand.
3) Dress Appropriately for the weather!!!
4) Pls let me know beforehand by updating your RSVP if you cannot attend so we're not waiting around for you.