January 23, 2014
Program Director, Product Management in IBM's Business Analytics group.
The Society of Data Miners (SocDM, see http://www.socdm.org) is an independent non-profit organisation for the public good with the purposes to:
• Increase the benefits of data mining to society;
• Increase knowledge and awareness of the nature and benefits of data mining;
• Advance the profession of data mining;
• Form a community of and for data miners.
In pursuit of these purposes, the Society of Data Miners will:
• Hold events for data miners to exchange experience, formulate best practice and broaden the scope and benefits of data mining;
• Encourage adoption of the highest ethical standards in data mining;
• Provide public and media information about data mining and its benefits;
• Provide certification of data miners who have reached a recognised level of competence and experience in data mining practice;
• Encourage the creation of a literature of data mining practice;
• Encourage data mining standards;
• Encourage the teaching of data mining practice in educational institutions.
703 Data Scientists
667 Growth Hackers
537 Social data
Meetup members, Log in