February 10, 2014
Hello, I'm head of maths at the university of Brighton, working on setting up our new MSc Data Analytics course.
The Society of Data Miners (SocDM, see http://www.socdm.org) is an independent non-profit organisation for the public good with the purposes to:
• Increase the benefits of data mining to society;
• Increase knowledge and awareness of the nature and benefits of data mining;
• Advance the profession of data mining;
• Form a community of and for data miners.
In pursuit of these purposes, the Society of Data Miners will:
• Hold events for data miners to exchange experience, formulate best practice and broaden the scope and benefits of data mining;
• Encourage adoption of the highest ethical standards in data mining;
• Provide public and media information about data mining and its benefits;
• Provide certification of data miners who have reached a recognised level of competence and experience in data mining practice;
• Encourage the creation of a literature of data mining practice;
• Encourage data mining standards;
• Encourage the teaching of data mining practice in educational institutions.
1,021 Analytics Networkers
667 Open Source Users
6,370 Data Scientists
Meetup members, Log in