add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Socrates Cafe Louisville Message Board › Proposed question for this monday: Is reason the only tool for knowledge?

Proposed question for this monday: Is reason the only tool for knowledge?

Sadia N.
user 12298655
Louisville, KY
Post #: 136
I would first like to ask the question "what qualifies as knowledge". Can instinctual basis of our behavior said be to be due to a form of "knowledge". after all when we are performing most tasks like driving a car or cooking etc then a big part of the task is performed without us being direct awareness of it. perhaps some research/homework into the work done on the working of unconscious mind will be helpful for the people who join us this Monday.
A former member
Post #: 346

Love + Work + Knowledge are indeterminate.
Each expands, grows, and rises to the higher levels of “consciousness”
When i asked myself:
... What is the best way to PROVE MY case, create a rule, solve a problem, justify an idea, invent a hypothesis, or evaluate an argument presented to me?
... How do we know things? HOW DECIDE RELEVANCE or recognize bias.
... What is the best way to think?
... How do we make sense out of our world of ideas and experiences?
... What are the capacities of “human” knowledge?
We all must think in order to live in this world and we need to develop effective reasoning in our pursuit of reliable beliefs and useful knowledge.
There seems to be 8 fundamental thinking tools that can be used to effective thought:
My research includes:
Memory + Associations + Pattern Associations + Reason
+ Experience + Invention + Experimentation + Intuition

There is not just one tool for effective thought- there is magic as we mix and blend the use of the tools.
There is one clear thing that I have learned as I focused on the 8 tools:
“The more we think the more things we think about and we think of.”

Only the Good Things

PS: 97% of the " knowledge " that the human being (at our "mythic" level consciousness) is 'unseen' ... only 3% is rational and consciousness ... imagine that ... and with 3% or 2% or 1% look what has been accomplished in 6000 years... the more our consciousness rises into the "pluralistic" and "integral" stages ... the more and more we will know, love and work.
I might add that the Universe is ... what ... .000000000009% matter ... 99.000000% space ...? Something like that ... there is a great expansion we have to look forward to in ... the pursuit of knowledge ... faith teaches many(not all) ... that in the afterlife : all will be revealed .... I am ... looking forward to that "explosion of knowledge" ... that is promised ... with humility ... we want to know all things ... yet ... curiosity remains my fundamental tool ... to know.
Sadia N.
user 12298655
Louisville, KY
Post #: 137
so good to see you archangel. it's been a long time smile I will take your points to the table for discussion. thanks for your input