Topic: Ruby/Cucumber - A Live Demo - Take 2
For our August Meetup, Matthew Eakin & Jennifer Taylor will be building a ruby/cucumber test automation framework from scratch.
The session will be very interactive as the group will determine what website we will test and what the tests will be. As tests are added, the framework will grow. Hopefully, in the short time we have, you will get to see how Gherkin scripts can be written to be flexible and maintainable, how to manage risk using the framework, how to regression test using the framework, and how quickly a framework can be created.
Matthew is a Manager in the Sogeti Managed Testing Solutions practice. With over 20 years of technical, leadership and planning experience, combined with development skills has helped him to be an effective Agile practitioner and coach. He talks extensively on Gherkin Scripting and is in high-demand as a BDD (Behavior-Driven Development)/ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) coach.
Matthew has taken the lead and created an Agile Testing Workshop (the Sogeti National Agile Testing Certification Program) and a Ruby/Cucumber Testing Workshop. The Ruby/Cucumber Workshop has been so successful at Sogeti that he now leads a series of Ruby training classes (offered nationally for Sogeti via SogetiUniversity) and has begun teaching customized variations of the program at multiple client sites.
You can also check out Matthew's blog at: http://goofytesterguy.blogspot.com/
This meeting is for:
- Seasoned QA & Testing Professionals
- New testers starting out
- Anyone interested in learning more about Testing
Note: Since the time of our meeting is around dinner, feel free to bring your own food, snacks, drinks, or whatever you need to stay energized for the night.
Time & Location:
6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin OH 43017
6:00-8:00 p.m. - August 26, 2014
- Take I-270 to Exit 17A (US 33 East/161 East)
- Exit 17A will turn into Dublin Granville Rd.
- Turn left on to Post Road (1st intersection you come to)
- Veer immediately right onto Frantz Rd./Kilgour Place. You will see a sign for OCLC
- Drive into the campus. You will see three buildings. At the stop sign, turn left and follow signs for the Kilgour building. Visitor parking is out front.
- Please come into the visitor entrance of the Kilgour building (by the lake) and let the receptionist know you are here for the meetup.
Be sure to tell your friends and co-workers about this meeting.
Don't forget to RSVP!
We look forward to seeing you there.
- Matt & Mindy Hutchison