add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Software for Renewable Energy - Bay Area Message Board › Cleantech / IT startups : applications are open for Greenstart's fall program.

Cleantech / IT startups : applications are open for Greenstart's fall program.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pass this opportunity along for anyone starting a company at the intersection of cleantech and IT. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you think is a fit.

Greenstart is a startup accelerator that invests in promising cleantech startups with an IT focus, and we recently opened up applications for our fall program beginning in mid-August.

Here’s a quick list of the benefits:

• $100K convertible note + $15K seed investment
  • an instant network of 50 amazing mentors, resource partners, early adopters, and the Greenstart team itself.
  • hands-on help with product/market fit, business model validation, product design, and more
  • introductions to a huge investor network and a packed Demo Day.
  • exposure: our current startups were recently profiled in TechCrunch, NYTimes, Earth2Tech, and more
  • three months of office space in our downtown SF penthouse

Early deadline: March 22nd
Final deadline: April 11th
(Preference will be given to early applicants)

There's also a video and infographic, but please send any questions to apply @ greenstart . com.
David M.
user 8805955
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 3
Hey Forrest,

Thanks so much for letting us know about this! I'm ashamed I hadn't already heard about it. I guess that's what happens when you keep your nose to the grindstone :(

Anyway... I'm curious to know how you represent Greenstart.

Further, could you answer questions about it to SWRE group members? Could you come to an event and talk about the incubator for a few minutes? What sort of equity does Greenstart take from participating companies?

Thanks so much for the info.

A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Dave. It's pretty tough for me to make it down to South Bay after work, but I'm happy to answer any questions people have. Feel free to send those to forrest [at] greenstart [dot] com.

In the meantime, here are a couple links covering our current batch of companies and our recently announced $100K convertible note option.