Solar Guild/Citizens for Solar Message Board › Window Solar Power

Window Solar Power

A former member
Post #: 4
A new company in Northern California is creating windows that don't just block sun, but generate electricity as well:
http://idealab.talkin...­
A former member
Post #: 629
Hi Robert M:

The whole building integrated design concept is wonderful. Most of us have tried with earlier technologies to provide that within our designs.

I had contacted Pythagoras a few months ago and one thing we all must know about their process: Because it is integrated, there are no specific unit costs that can be used to calculate the costs out on this technology. This is particularly so for any kind of renovation work which for any kind of upgrade is a "wild card" in costs because everything must be fitted to existing situations. Pythagoras is actually a distributor for products coming out of Europe that have been in place for several years now. I am hoping we will find local companies that will design and style these here locally.

By the way, I am sure the McManus Clan is broad and wide across the planet, but on a long shot, are you related to Rory McManus from Southern California?

Thank you.

Deb
A former member
Post #: 5
Debbie,

Thanks so much for the informative reply. There's quite a bit for me to learn about the solar industry. :)

Unfortunately, no, my relatives live mostly in the New England area.

Rob
A former member
Post #: 630
Thank you Rob, was just wondering.

Deb