addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Solar Guild/Citizens for Solar Message Board › The X-Prize is still at it!!!

The X-Prize is still at it!!!

A former member
Post #: 671
The oil spill cleanup problem statement is now being worked on. The X-Prize that created the Ansari Prize and others is still mega privately funded and still creating positive solutions to help humanity.

I had the luxury of being present at White Knight breaking suborbital space - winning entry- for the X-Prize and I am thoroughly convinced that we can talk about all sorts of scientific principles, but until a problem-solving statement is developed and subsequent levels of criteria for performance added to it, we will just hash and rehash ideas.

Hope you have the time to see the latest short film about Paul Allen's X-Prize funded program. Then, if you have the science knowledge base or ability to get it, get out there, pick a problem, put some criteria on it and solve it. It takes all levels and if there are ten gazillion other solutions out there, why not submit it to some agency or humanitarian NGO for funding. Innovation without transfer to market is just playtime. Share your braintrust wealth to bring about change.

http://www.cbsnews.co...­

I still need that motorized golf cart that can be used around town and creates less of a carbon footprint. Clarence Scotton, how about the Vets. They work on muscle car? Why not a green "about town" from Tucson car? Inexpensive to buy and operate and just gets you to those short trips. Say, $4K or less from a recycled cart that no longer works with a motor cycle engine and ethanol or biofuel as its energy source. (I need to get up the hill.)

The world truly is full of some amazing people.