Hi, I just opened a small and intimate Retreat for Women in San Miguel de Allende, and I want to invite all the members to visit.
In a rustic villa, in the heart of the Mexican community of San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, I invite you to be my guest in my home and studio. We are a couple, Fernando Gonzalez painter and muralist and I, your facilitator: painter and art therapist, Cristiana Marinescu. We offer an intimate, informal and tranquil environment with only 3 guest rooms and a maximum capacity of 5 participants.
Our villa has the feel of country living and the comfort of city life, private bathroom for each room, public transportation, hot water, internet. It’s only 25 minute walk from the center of town, located on a cobble stone street, with a big garden, water fountain, shaded relaxation area under the arches of the porch, and extensive art studio space.
With peaceful views of rolling hills, sparkled at night with the lights of small homes hanging on the side of the mountains. In the morning you’ll awaken to the song of birds and the call of roosters. At night you’ll hear crickets and at times, the traditional Mexican music of a fiesta, or fireworks in the distance.
San Miguel is a haven for painters, writers and photographers! A small town with big personality, it is called the “Heart of Mexico”! Surround yourself with the colours of Mexico, colonial churches, gardens, shopping, art galleries, restaurants and cafes! There is much to explore and enjoy! Choose time for introspection, reflection, and self-examination and be a tourist discovering a different culture all in the same trip.
We offer 5 type of programmes:
• Art and Creativity Retreat for Women in Transition
• Frida Khalo Style Self-portrait, self-exploration
• Abstract 101, introduction to Abstract painting, a painting retreat
• Dreams, Window to the Soul, Spiritual exploration for women, will work with dreams, and healing visualization
• Art Therapy intensive, works on specific issues
A typical day at the retreat
We start the day with meditation, followed by a delicious breakfast and continue with discussion, creative writing, collage, painting, and creativity enhancing exercise and creative visualizations. All the exercises are designed for both artists and non-artists, they are tools to expand creativity, connect to your higher wisdom and heal your heart. At lunchtime a taxi will take you to the center of town, or you can choose to walk (about 25 minutes). You’ll have the afternoons to explore, enjoy, get a massage or to just sit and read a book in the main park. After dinner, at 8PM you may return for the Evening Wisdom Circle (time to share and reflect), or spend the night on the town and return in a taxi provided by us after an evening at the theatre, or a concert in the main square.
After a week emerge a more self-loving, clear and centered individual.
• Create your own group of women you want to share with this dynamic opportunity for self-exploration and discovery. Do you know 3 to 5 others who want to join you on this journey? Consider bringing along friends, family members, coworkers.
• Solo traveler. Join one of our scheduled retreats. We have several scheduled retreats and workshop throughout the year.
• Individual Self Exploration. Reserve a private retreat week and engage one on one with Cristiana on a transformational process.
We are open all year around offering week long programmes. You may register in one of our scheduled retreats or contact us for a private retreat
Starts at $990.00 (double occupancy) $1200 (single ) for 7 days, with breakfast, private bathroom in each room, internet, daily round trip taxi to center of town.