addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Songwriters in Seattle Message Board Upcoming Shows and Other Promotions › Hump Day Hootenanny

Hump Day Hootenanny

David G.
user 9089390
Seattle, WA
Post #: 8
Hello fellow singer-songwriters,

I am going to be hosting something I'm calling "Hump Day Hootenanny" every other Wednesday at Tiny Ninja Cafe (https://www.facebook....­. I intend to have three musicians on stage in a kind of song circle set-up - where we each do a song, in rotation, and accompany each other as appropriate. There will be three 45-minute sets from 7p until 10p. So, each performer would expect to sing a dozen or more songs.

I am inviting singer-songwriters, but I don't want you to do your regular set. Usually singer-songwriters perform their same ten songs to their same ten fans everywhere they go. I don't want to do this. Yes, you should do a few of your best originals to feature your songwriting talent. But I really want you to sing a bunch of cover songs that have meaning to you and that would entertain and/or enlighten the audience.

In addition, as this Hoot gains a following, I will be asking the audience members to suggest songs to be performed at future Hoots. So, when I send out an invitation to perform, I'll include some suggested songs to learn. If no one is drawn to those suggestions, I'll probably just perform them myself.

The idea is that this will be a place to come twice a month to hear some great songs from some of the finest singer-songwriters in Seattle.

I am still in discussions with Becky, the owner, about compensation for the trio of performers, which would work for her and for them. But, right now, I can at least guarantee $35 for the night, a nosh and a drink.

So, this is a query to see if you'd like to participate. I'd like to build a roster of singer-songwriters that I can call upon. Our first "shake-down" show would be Wednesday, September 18th.

There is a PA at the venue, but you might have to bring your own direct box. I think there are also enough microphones, but if you'd like to bring your own, that is cool.

The Tiny Ninja Cafe is new and becoming one of Seattle most intimate music performance spaces. The owner and her staff are music lovers and understand that presenting and promoting local music is a community effort. The audiences have been appreciate and supportive. This is the place to play.

Thanks for your time and consideration. If you are interested please let me know as soon as you can, so I can start building and promoting some shows.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
See you soon.
Cheers for now.
David.
davidguilbault@mac.com
206-605-4217
http://davidguilbault...­