We have officially closed the RSVP for your interest in this showing. We have chosen the members who will show for the rest of the year. We will have more shows to come in the fall and spring of 2014! Thank you for your interest and talents!
Remy and Ray
We made the announcement Sunday at our HDR field meetup that we have entered in a "partnership" with the Santa Rosa Convention and Visitors Bureau to be the "artists in residence" for a while...
A few of us have run our "test" hang at the Welcome center and we are ready to include any member who wants to participate in this show.
Here are the details:
- Your images will show in the welcome center for 4-5 weeks.
- You will be responsible for framing them, pricing them, and preparing them for either hanging or table top easel display at your own expense. Your contact information and cost should be on a business card or label on the front accompanying your images.
- Your images should showcase Santa Rosa or Sonoma County.
- You are responsible for showing up on your day to hang, and your day to take down.
- Images should be 5x7 or larger. The larger your images, the fewer you will need. A rough estimate will be 4-7 images.
- If your image is sold, the Welcome Center will send you a check for the amount you've listed, unless the purchase is done via credit card, where the will take a small fee to cover their cost of that processing. You will be asked to replace your sold image as soon as possible so the walls / table top remains decorated.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver saying the Welcome Center is not responsible for lost, broken or stolen images. (the center is open 7 days a week, and there is only one door in and out - however, stranger things have happened).
- Prior to your show time, you will need to submit to Remy a 4-7 sentence paragraph about your approach to photography, what you like to do, what you like about sonoma county - something that defines you...and a small photo of you to put on the flyer that will be in the center while your images are displayed (a sample is included here).
The artists in residence right now are Remy, Ray, Ali Fraser and Steve Berger. If you want to see what you are getting in to before you say yes, we suggest you go to the Welcome center and go into the conference room and take a look asap. They are open 7 days a week.
How we will choose who gets to hang?
We will leave this meetup active and receiving RSVPs for the remainder of 2013. The first showing is May 4th.
Every time we will have a new round of participants we'll put everyone's name into a hat and draw them out. If you are not chosen your name stays in the hat. As new members put their name on the list, we'll keep adding into the hat. We think this is the fairest way to do it. We also know its going to mean that many people just wont get selected. We are looking for lots of venues to showcase local artists so if you hear of any let us know!
For the first round, we'll draw two sets of people...those who will be responsible for hanging by May 4th, and those who need to be ready to hang by June 15. We'll then draw each group giving them a 4 week heads up to prepare for their show.
Please only RSVP Yes, if your intent is to participate fully for this opportunity.
If you want to get your name out there as a local artist, dont let this scare you! Jump in!
Of course email Remy or Ray with any questions you have.