We have once again been given permission to shoot the fair!
Please arrive around 615 in order to get your special "vendor/photographer" badge. You will need this badge to shoot at the fair.
Here are some important things to keep in mind for this shoot:
• Before we venture in, Ray will give us some "how to shoot at night" tips if you are new to night time photography. We all learn something new every time, so don't let 'night shoots' scare you! This group is known for is shared expertise!
• Our shoot time is 630-9:30 pm. You can arrive sooner than that to shoot during the day on your own, but meet up with us at 615 outside the side gate (Brookewood Entrance) to get your badge and of course, be a part of the group photo.
• Your badge does not include entrance fees into the fair - so please plan for that.
• You can bring guests to this meet up, but if they are not photographing, please do not count them in the RSVP as there is a limit to how many photo badges we get.
• Bring your tripod!
• Keep your gear with you at all times, and be conscious of other fair goers…70+ photographers take up a lot of space :)
Please be aware that they frown upon taking photos of children, unless you ask permission of the parents. Yes it is a public place, but in the past fairgoers (a few) have expressed concern of "people" taking their photos without consent". (Not about our group, just in general) We know we can count on this group to be respectful and conscious of that, as we have in the past...
We encourage you to go to the Sonoma County fair website for information to any questions you have about fair events and policies.
Let's have fun, and capture some great stuff - and of course, have a few corn dogs.