Click here to download the 2012 Handout.
Planning meeting is set for this Friday evening, the 7th, at 630 pm at the Starbucks on Hopper Lane in North Santa Rosa. We will have maps and shirts and talk ride day strategies. if you cant be there right at 630 no worries, just let us know when to expect you. If u cant come at all on Friday night, plan to meet up on Saturday morning at Ursuline high school any time after 630 am to get your shirt.
Call me or Ray with any questions
Ok, photogs...We did such a kick butt job last year we have been asked to photograph the event again this year! Go SoCOPhoGro!
In keeping with charter of giving back to the community - we've found that this event is one of the best around. This event is a great chance to practice our photography, be a part of a one of a kind event, and give our talent and support to others.
On September 8th we will be participating as volunteer photographers for the Tour De Fuzz, a bike ride to benefit their Chaplaincy program.
From their website:
This is the Chaplaincy’s main annual fundraiser. The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office, the Santa Rosa Police Department, and both of their bike clubs (Sonoma County Road Dogs and BlueLine Cycling) partner with our chaplains to put on this outstanding ride that is open to all Bay Area (and beyond) bike enthusiasts and law enforcement officers throughout the nation.
They are planning for up to 300 riders on 3 different courses: a 100 mile, a 100k and a 50k loop. We have maps of the courses, which start and end at Ursuline high school, travel on westside road through the wine country, up to the geysers and by lake sonoma.
We need photographers strategically placed on all of the routes to capture action shots of the riders and then afterwards (if you want) the activities and demonstrations taking place at the finish line.
- You will get a "tour de fuzz" official event photographer t-shirt
- Burritos and drinks at the end of the race
- A website to upload to, so that riders and their families can purchase images
- A chance to meet some amazing people doing great things for Sonoma County
- A discount on entry fees for any family member who wants to ride
We know this wont appeal to everyone, and that is ok - we understand. But if you want to participate here is what we need:
- Your commitment that you will show up on the day
- Come to a 'planning meeting' - we can be flexible but we really want your input and suggestions on this
- Agree to donate your best images to the County with no watermarks
- Up to a $10 dollar 'donation' to cover the cost of your shirt (we are currently asking a few local businesses to underwrite this, your cost may be $0, but no more than $10)
We need between 38-50 people who want to do this! So there will be a waiting list created if needed.
Email us with any questions you have. And if you RSVP yes, answer the shirt size question so we can order your shirt.
Thanks Guys! Let's have fun!
Remy and Ray