|Sent on:||Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:46 PM|
Mimi has Sharon Lambert helping her on December 3rd.
Valerie Starkey and I will help Mimi on Saturday, Dec 3rd. Sounds like fun.
Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:48 PM, Ray Mabry <[address removed]> wrote:
Mindy, Paul and I had a fantastic day on Sunday at the Toys for Tots photo shoot. Mr. and Miss. Clause were awesome and the expressions on the faces of the children were priceless. We had 39 photo sessions that day!
We will need a primary photographer and at least one helper on each day.
If you can volunteer, please reply to this email as soon as possible.
Saturday December 3 from 10am and 2pm – Mimi Carol (Marine in dress uniform will be present)
Sunday December 4 from 10am and 2pm – Emmon Clarke
Saturday December 10 from 10am and 2pm – John Hammond
Sunday December 11 from 10am and 2pm – Matt Roohian
Saturday December 17 from 10am and 2pm – Gary S. Sullivan
Sunday December 18 from 10am and 2pm – Sandy, Mindy, and Lori
Here is an overview of what to expect:
- There will be an average of 25-35 families with each shoot and 1-3 photos are sent to each family. You are welcome to take more and then when go thru the photos and send the best ones.
- After the shoot sort through the photos and sent the best 1-3 photos. This process took about an hour. Some folks bring their own cameras and sometimes there are dogs, cats, older folks, etc.
- We ask for either a toy or a $5 donation (or whatever they can afford - we don’t want to turn anyone away. They can even bring their donation by anytime or day)
- The photos are taken outside in front of the store. In case of bad weather, the shoot will be moved inside the store.
- Use on camera flash/Speedlights only – we tested an umbrella and the glare in the front window was too much.
In order to keep track of the photos you are taking, Karla, the owner of Haus Fortuna has a form to fill out that includes:
- Name, email and phone – have the person in the photo fill this out ahead of time
- There are sections that you (or your helper) will fill out to help you identify those in the photo (i.e.: what they were wearing, how many people in the picture, etc.)
Things to know and bring:
- Park in the garage behind Haus Fortuna – it’s FREE
- Arrive about 15 minutes before the designated time.
- Card reader for your cameras type of card or a USB cable to connect your camera to Karla computer. She will have a folder on her system for you to use to put your photos.
- Shoot with fill flash
- Shoot in JPG and use medium or small file size to make email easer to send
- Remember to include a few different photography options – such as full, ¾ and close-up
- HAVE FUN!!
Thanks again - Ray Mabry
This message was sent by Ray Mabry ([address removed]) from Sonoma County Photography Group.
To learn more about Ray Mabry, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]